Thursday, June 21, 2007

Michael Moore endorses House bill for universal health coverage

I got this video link courtesy of the Dennis Kucinich for President campaign. Health care is an issue I've been concerned about for a long time, and I've been excited to see Michael Moore's new movie, Sicko, ever since I heard about it several years ago.



The movie opens this weekend with a sneak peek in select cities, with the official opening coming a week later. I have my tickets for the sneak peak, and I'm ready to go.

I know people say lots of terrible things about Michael Moore--I think they have to, because he isn't really that radical. What he says makes a lot of sense. So in order to prevent people from listening, they have to make people think he's some kind of wacko (kind of like what they do to Dennis Kucinich). But he's one of my heroes, and I'm excited to see the movie. I hope we can do something about healthcare in America soon, because people shouldn't have to die because they can't afford a hospital bill. And they shouldn't have to go to Cuba, either!

Links:

Kucinich campaign site
Michael Moore's website

No comments: