Sunday, April 13, 2008

Brought home some worms today...

They were 'spensive! Yikes! I bought 3 pints at the garden store and they were almost $9 a pint!

At any rate, I ordered a worm bin last week, off of Amazon.com, from a Washington company called "Worm Paradise". Or at least, that is their seller name on Amazon. They were very quick and I like the thing so far--more like a worm condo than a bin. I liked it because it had stackable trays and a spigot at the bottom to drain the "tea". I'm in a townhouse and don't have a lot of freedom to garden, but I was feeling sad about all the lovely veggie scraps and that we throw away and thought it would be fun to have a worm bin. My roomie long ago set one up in our small kitchen in our 5th floor apartment--just a plastic bin, really, with some dirt and worms. But I've never done this on my own so I'm quite excited to see how the little buggers do.

The garden store was quite cramped today, so the gardening bug is in the air. We had snow not so many weeks ago, but I think there is hope now that spring has finally sprung here in the Northwest. Hallelujah!

Link:
Worm Paradise seller's page at Amazon.com

No comments: